This year has been full of a lot of experiences and it is not even halfway yet. Some of my experiences have been pretty shitty and could have been avoided but I guess I am grateful for most of them. Here are 12 things I learnt this year (or still learning):
1. Trust your gut feeling. 90% of the time your instincts are probably right (mine, at least). As for the remaining 10%, well, just go with the flow. LOL.
2. Know where your loyalties lie. All the time. Enough said.
3. If it is has to be kept a secret, it is probably not a very healthy thing to do. This applies to relationships and addictions mostly.
4. Learn to enjoy your own company. If you cannot do this, well, you probably wouldn’t enjoy anyone else’s.
5.Just say No. And mean it. (I still haven’t got the hang of this).
6. Put yourself first. You deserve it.
7. Every once in a while, a friend would probably act senseless and hurt you. Don’t take it personal. Move on. Chances are that you have hurt someone too.
8. I’ve learned that some things can be done in a fleeting moment and it can totally change your life forever.
9. No matter how hurt you are, the world still goes on. It is best to carry on.
10. You are not perfect. The awesome thing is that you do not have to be.
11. Be beautiful all the time. Even when you don’t feel beautiful, look beautiful. And vice-versa.
12. Sometimes, you just need to take a break from school, work, exercise, whatever. Buy something yummy, go some place and be alone and have fun. Sometimes, solitude is needed to keep one’s sanity. 😀
I don’t know why I picked the number 12 but here is one more thing I have learnt. A blog is a good place to vent too. That is why we have comment boxes. Drop something and let me know what you have learnt this year.